Step 1: Enrolment Enquiry & Waitlist
The first step of enrolment is to contact Scallywags by phone call or email to enquire about vacancies. If a vacancy is unavailable at the time of enquiry, families are invited to to complete an online waitlist application.
Step 2: Apply for Child’s CRN & Child Care Subsidy
Scallywags Long Day Care is an approved Early Learning Centre that offers Child Care Subsidy (CCS) to families with the cost of care and complies with the Commonwealth Priority of Access Guidelines.
For Scallywags to receive your Child Care Subsidy payments families will need to provide the parent’s CRN of whom is claiming Child Care Subsidy (CCS) and the child’s CRN. If you don’t have a CRN you can visit Services Australia to apply for your child’s CRN.
Most families are eligible for Child Care Subsidy (CCS) from the Federal Government. This helps families pay for child care. Families can apply for Child Care Subsidy (CCS) through completing an online activity test through their online mygov account for each child.
If you are eligible to this financial support for child care, the Federal Government will pay the subsidy direct to Scallywags. You (the family) must pay the remaining gap (Scallywags fees minus the subsidy). This is referred to as ‘out of pocket’ costs.
Find your Child Care Subsidy entitlements at Services Australia.
Step 3: Enrolment
Once you have secured placement at Scallywags Long Day Care via a confirmation from the Administration Officer, it is time to enrol.
Please complete the online enrolment form, the parent or carer who is claiming Child Care Subsidy (CCS) must be listed as Parent 1 and provide Parent 1’s CRN. The online enrolment process will require you to submit the following documents:
- Copy of your child’s Original Birth Certificate
- PDF copy of your child’s Immunisation Statement from the Australian Register (ACIR)
- Health Management Plans e.g. ASCIA ACTION Plan for Anaphylaxis, Asthma an/ or Allergic Reaction
Step 4: Additional Documentation Required
Following the completion of your online enrolment form, you will be sent an email with the following fillable PDF forms. These are required prior to your child commencing care to confirm the enrolment process:
- Risk Minimisation and Communication Plan
- Additional Child Information
Step 5: Enrolment Fee
- A non-refundable $87.50 enrolment fee is payable prior to commencing care.
- Bond payment of $130 per child. The bond paid to the service to secure the child’s enrolment. The payment will be held until the child ceases in care and will be transferred at this time being offset any outstanding or final fees owing.
- Direct Debit payment information will be emailed upon enrolment. Alternatively, you can come into the Children’s Services Building to pay via EFTPOS.
Step 6: Orientation and Settling in
Families are invited for a one or more orientation visit prior to commencing care. During the orientation visits families will be provided with a tour, introduced to staff and given information regarding routines, collection requirements and the attendance register. Orientation visits are planned to cater for each families needs.
The Educators at Scallywags are happy to assist you settle your child and have a number of strategies in place to assist you. Please fee free to phone at anytime of the day to see how your child has settled in.