Social Media at Council
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TWITTER YOUTUBE LINKEDIN
Our social media channels aim to inform and engage residents, businesses and visitors to our region.
Although we encourage discussion, and create a positive and engaging environment we ask all users to treat each other with respect. If you disagree with an idea or a person's viewpoint please remain respectful when conveying that point of view to others.
Bathurst Regional Council does not accept responsibility for community comments – these comments are not the opinion of Council, nor do we make any warranty to their accuracy.
Posts on our social media pages may be deleted or hidden if they contain:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, derogatory, racist, homophobic or sexist language, links or images
- insults, threats or harassment of other users
- information that may compromise the safety or security of the public
- any discussion or promotion of behaviour that is unlawful
- comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation
- solicitations, advertisements, endorsements or spam
- off-topic posts by a single user
- repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
- any other inappropriate content or comments as determined by Bathurst Regional Council.
When interacting with our social pages:
- exercise courtesy
- are respectful to others at all times
- do not post personal addresses or phone numbers
- acknowledge that Council cannot check the accuracy of every post and does not take any responsibility for reliance on posts on this page.
Users who do not comply with these social media community guidelines could be be blocked from the page.
Social media posts and comments must also adhere to that platforms' own community guidelines, user agreements and policies.