Current Water Restrictions
From Thursday 17 March 2022 Level 2A Water Restrictions are now in place. This means the following restrictions continue to apply;
Watering of Gardens/Lawns
· Before 10:00am or after 4:00pm
· For a maximum of 3 hours daily total including gardens and lawns
· Is permitted at home on the lawn, using a bucket and trigger nozzle on a hose
· Can be filled for the first time or topped up before 10:00am and after 4:00pm
· A pool cover MUST be used in accordance with manufacturer's or supplier's instructions
Washing of outdoor hard surfaces such as driveways and footpaths is permitted for health and safety purposes (washing allowed in immediately affected area and with use of a high pressure/low volume water device), or prior to painting.
Full details on Level 2A restrictions, permitted uses and suggestions on saving water can be found here. It is an individuals responsibility to comply with the restrictions and Council anticipates keeping these restrictions in place until Chifley Dam reduces to 80 per cent capacity.
It is important to conserve water at all times and not just during times of drought, the following factsheets provide great examples of how to save water in and around the garden.
Council also has a range of videos available on the Sustainable Bathurst Youtube channel which can assist residents with managing water smart gardens at home. Click on any of the links below to access this range of short, informative videos;