High water restrictions for home gardens apply from Friday, 28 August 2020
Watering lawns IS permitted: before 10am or after 4pm;
- On ODDS and EVENS * system
- Before 10.00am or after 4.00pm
- For a maximum of 60mins total including gardens and lawns on permitted days
- Using hoses with trigger nozzles,irrigation systems, microsprays, buckets and watering cans
- A Council permit is required for new turf if restrictions cannot be adhered to (see Resources and Forms)
ODDS and EVENS system
Odd numbered properties are permitted to water on odd numbered calendar dates, even numbered properties are permitted to water on even numbered dates.
Properties with a range of street numbers should be treated as odd or even as per the first number in the range (e.g 15 - 18 Main Street be an odd property.
If a property has no street number it should be treated as an even property
The 31st of the month is a watering-free day - no properties are permitted to water.
For information how to best care for your lawn, see our Lawn Care Fact Sheet in the Resources and Forms section.