What can I take to the Waste Management Centre to recycle:
- Bulk metal (charges apply)
- Co-mingled household recyclables
- Cardboard (flat and carton)
- Aluminium cans
- Steel cans
- Aerosol cans
- All hard plastic containers
- Glass bottles (all colours)
- Milk and Juice paperboard containers
- E-waste, any items powered by electricity or battery (charges apply)
- Waste engine and gear oil
- Waste oil containers
- Lead acid batteries
- Household batteries
- Mobile phones
- Florescent tubes/Bulbs/ Globes
- DrumMuster - Empty chemical containers (conditions apply)
- Green waste (charges apply)
- Paint up to 20L (wet - oil and water based)
- Cooking Oil up to 20L
- Smoke Detectors
- Gas Bottles/Cylinders
- Fire Extinguishers
Please note: It is essential that these wastes are transported safely.
Mulch/chipped green waste is available at the Waste Management Centre for residents in private vehicles. This is free to residents, and Council workers can load your private vehicle or trailer Monday to Friday between the following times:
8:00am to 9:30am, 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 3:30pm
On the weekends you can have your private vehicle or trailer loaded with mulch between the following times:
9:00am to 10:00am, 10:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 2:30pm
This service is available for domestic use only, not commercial quantities.
Community Recycling Centre
Located at the Waste Management Centre, College Road, Bathurst
Some household waste might seem difficult to dispose of properly, as it should not end up in landfill.
The Bathurst Community Recycling Centre offers a FREE and easy solution for the disposal of household problem waste such as paints, gas bottles, motor oils, batteries, smoke detectors and fluorescent globes and tubes.
Many of these materials can be reused and recycled if processed correctly. Recycling helps our environment because it saves water, energy and natural resources.
For further information on the Community Recycling Centre at the Waste Management Centre, please click here.
The Junktion Reuse and Recovery Centre
Before you get to the Waste Management Centre, you might like to stop in at The Junktion. You can drop off many items at no cost, for re-sale in the community shop. The Junktion is located off College Road just before you get to the Waste Management Centre.
The types of items that can be recycled at The Junktion:
- Fridges, washing machines, dryers, toasters, kettles, CD and DVD players.
- Furniture such as lounges, chairs, BBQ's, and tables.
- Building materials including quantities of good wood, tiles, and pavers, windows, carpet and other flooring, blinds, light fittings or bricks.
- Leisure equipment such as bikes, gym equipment, pool pumps and filters, camping equipment, cricket bats, tennis rackets etc.
- Cameras, video cameras and musical equipment.
- Baby goods such as strollers, cots, baths and other furniture.
- Medical aids such as walking sticks, walking frames and wheelchairs.
The Junktion is open Monday to Saturday 8:30am to 4:30pm and Sunday 9:30am to 3:30pm. Public Holidays - Please phone 6331 4654 for opening hours.
What can I take to the Waste Management Centre to dispose of:
- General Household waste that can not be recycled such as non recyclable items (e.g. plastic wrap and sheeting, foam)
- Plastic bags
- Food scraps (although these can be composted)
- Food-soiled paper and pizza boxes
- Broken crockery, mirrors or window glass
- Dry mixed waste
- Treated timber
- Mixed building materials
Please note there are charges for the various items above. Please refer to Waste Management Centre - General Information and Pricing.