Bathurst's reuse and recovery centre, where residents can recycle unwanted household items receives all of those things that may be cluttering up garages, cupboards and spare rooms across our region. The Junktion is a place where Bathurst residents can take unwanted furniture, electrical equipment, sporting goods and building materials amongst many other things, and recycle these at no charge. Recycled items will then be cleaned or repaired if need be, before being put out for sale to the general public. Residents will also be able to browse the reuse and recovery centre for a bargain or two as recycled items are put out for sale at very reasonable prices.
Please note opening hours for the Junktion are as follows:
Monday - Saturday - 8.30am to 4.30pm
Sunday - 9.30am to 3.30pm
Public Holidays: please phone for opening times on (02) 6331 4654.
The types of items that can be recycled at The Junktion:
• Fridges, washing machines, dryers, toasters, kettles, TV's, CD players, DVD players, computers that are working
• Furniture such as lounges, chairs, BBQ's, tables,
• Building materials including quantities of good wood, tiles, and pavers, windows, carpet and other flooring, blinds, light fittings or bricks
• Leisure equipment such as bikes, gym equipment, pool pumps and filters, camping equipment, cricket bats, tennis rackets etc
• Cameras, video cameras and musical equipment
• Baby goods such as strollers, cots, baths and other furniture
• Medical aids such as walking sticks, walking frames and wheelchairs
The types of items that cannot be recycled at The Junktion:
• Tyres (unless in good condition)
• Toys and Games
• Bric-a-brac such as dinner plates and cutlery
• Computers that are damaged and not working or have parts missing
For further information phone The Junktion on 6331 4654 during opening hours or email.