Emergency Communication System
Your ability to respond quickly and appropriately to disaster events depends on your ability to access up to date, accurate information.
BRC Alert is an early warning service offered by Bathurst Regional Council to keep customers up to date on all essential information in the event of an emergency or critical incident relating to water and/or sewer.
BRC Alert can provide SMS and e-mail alerts to your mobile phone, home or work. For people without access to the internet or a mobile phone, BRC Alert can provide automated voice calls to your landline phone.
This system also has the potential to assist other agencies such as State Emergency Services, NSW Rural Fire Service, Fire and Rescue NSW, and NSW Police who may authorise Council to provide notification in emergency situations such as wide spread flooding or severe fire in the Bathurst Region.
Once you have registered you can update your details at any time using your email address and password. It is important to keep your contact and address details up to date to ensure you receive notifications.
Bathurst Regional Council endeavours to provide a service of a high quality, but no such system can claim to be completely accurate or failsafe. For that reason, if you subscribe to BRC Alert service you acknowledge and accept that:
- Reasonable endeavours will be taken to provide alerts to subscribers at the earliest opportunity.
- The messaging media utilised is neither real-time nor instantaneous.
- This service cannot be solely and wholly relied upon and other mediums such as radio should be monitored to inform of potential events.
- You are responsible for updating your registered contact details, if and when they change.
- You may leave this service at any time by contacting council.
To ensure you receive necessary advice and warnings from Council you should register with the Council’s BRC Alert here.
In addition in an emergency you should:
· Listen to your local media for updates.
· Listen for messages and warnings on landlines or mobiles provided through the Council’s emergency alert system (BRC Alert)
· Monitor the Bureau of Meteorology for weather warnings
· Monitor Council’s website for information
· Monitor other emergency websites such as SES, Rural Fire Service NSW, NSW Fire Service, NSW Police
· Act quickly on any advice given
You can remain informed via Council's Facebook page.