Waste 2 Art Regional Competition and Exhibition
Seven residents were winners or came highly commended in this year’s Waste 2 Art regional competition and exhibition held in Oberon.
Waste 2 Art is a waste inspired art competition and exhibition that aims to challenge the way we look at waste with artworks incorporating some element of recycling by including waste items. This year’s theme was baling twine and packaging tape.
I would like to congratulate the following winners:
The winners were:
• Primary Functional - Scallywags Childcare Centre - “Moooving Towards a Brighter Future” - Highly Commended
• Community 3D - Bethany Osborne - “Baa Baa Baily Have You Any Twine?” - Highly Commended
• Open 3D - Tracy Sorensen - “Murray Cod” – Winner
• Open Functional - Joseph Lynch - “Johnno’s Truck” – Winner
• Building/Sculpture Functional - Amanda & Peter Carter - “A Vintage Glasshouse” – Winner
• Waste Theme Award - Bethany Osborne - “Baa Baa baily Have You Any Twine?” – Winner
• Herb Clarke Memorial Award - Amanda & Peter Carter - “A Vintage Glasshouse” - Winner
All the artworks were truly inspiring and highlights the breadth of artistic skill right here in our own community.
Historic Vehicles to visit Bathurst
Over fifty vehicles 100 years and older will spend a week travelling around the Bathurst region from 30 August when our city hosts the tour of the Horseless Carriage Club of America. Vehicles built as early as 1902 will take part in the tour, with a mixture of 1, 2 4 & 6-cylinder vehicles making the daily routes of up to 130km.
The vehicles will be on display in Pit Lane on Sunday, 1 September and a Gas Light Parade will be held in the Bathurst CBD on Tuesday, 3 September.
Section 356 Donations
Council is proud to support community organisations and groups in their initiatives and events. Section 356 Donations assist in the daily operations of community activities.
Funds received will go to a range of areas including cultural, sporting, historical, and community programs and events that will be held throughout the year. This year 26 organisations received funding. I would like to congratulate all the recipients.
Graeme Hanger OAM
Mayor of Bathurst