Games to borrow
The Library has a collection of board games and card games suitable for ages 3+. There are many benefits to playing games! They can be great for learning and relaxing and suitable for the whole family.
How does it work?
• Library members may borrow 1 game per library card.
• Games may be borrowed for 2 weeks with the option to renew the loan providing there are no reservations.
• Games may also be played in the library– ID or a Library card must be surrendered at the front desk while the game is being played.
• All games must be borrowed and returned during opening hours. Do not use the after-hours chute to return games.
• Items from the Games Collection are free to borrow. However, if a game is lost or damaged, library charges will apply.
What games are available?
There are a variety of games available. For further details visit our online catalogue.
Games can also be reserved via our online catalogue, in person or by phoning the library during business hours.
Please return the game directly to staff at the front desk. Games should not be placed in the after-hours chute.
Library staff will check contents to ensure there are no missing parts. Please note charges may apply for missing parts or damage to the game.
Are you interested in more information about gaming opportunities in the community? Ask our staff for more information on where you can play games in town.
International Games Month
International Games Month is celebrated each year in November across the world. Bathurst Library often holds activities for this event as well as opportunities to play some of the games in the collection during holidays.