Over 30,000 films free with your Bathurst Library membership card
Bathurst Library members can stream and view over 30,000 of the world’s best films online for free via our film portal.
Choose from recent releases, award-winning documentaries, independent and classics titles for both kids and adults.
Movies are available for streaming with simultaneous remote access available anytime. There are no overdue items, reservations or waiting periods.
What you need to get started
- A Bathurst Library membership
- Know your membership password
- An email account
- An internet connected device: phone, tablet, PC or laptop, Smart TV, etc.
Important: Please note that while the use of Bathurst Library film streaming service is free of charge, members are responsible for managing their data use when using the service.
Kids films too
The Bathurst Library film portal also includes children’s programming: ABC Kids, Movies for Younger and Older Kids, TV Series for Younger and Older Kids, Documentary Classic Tales and more.
To access, click the Kids button. For further information on the Kids film portal, click here
Create an account
- Go to the Bathurst Library film portal: bathurst.kanopy.com
- Click on the Sign Up button to create your User Account.
- Go to your email account to verify your email address.
- Add your library membership number as printed on your card and your password. (Contact the library if unsure of your password).
- Click Watch Now to access the film collection.
- Browse through new releases, popular movies, world cinema, documentaries and classic films.
- Search for a title using the search box at the top. Click on the image of the film you want to view.
Here's how it works
Up to 10 films per month: you have 10 play credits every month.
3 days to watch each film: Once you press play on a film, you have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit.
Play credits reset on the 1st of the month: Once you have reached your quota of films, you will not be able to play any films until the new month starts when you will be given a fresh quota of 10 play credits again. You can track your available viewing credits from your account dashboard.
Any device: You can access the Bathurst Library film streaming service from any device with an internet connection, including Smart TVs. Where available, go to your device app store to download the free app. For further information on compatible apps, click here
Need help or more information?
You can find hints and tips on how to use the website here (such as adding a film to a Watchlist, creating a Clip or Playlist, etc).
You can find further help and information on the Help Centre, or contact/visit us at the library.