Early Learning Water Education Program
Welcome to our water education program, created by Bathurst Regional Council to support water education for young children in the pre-kinder age group (3.5-5yrs).
Our Water Education Program
This education program has been developed and designed by education specialists to be engaging to children and educators, and to align with the New South Wales’ Education Standards Authority’s Early Learning Framework.
The program consists of five modules:
- The Water Cycle;
- How Do We Use Water;
- Water In Bathurst;
- Being Conservative with Water; and
- Keeping Our Waterways Clean & Healthy.
Each module is broken into key learning elements. Each learning element uses fun activities and guided discussions, and an array of activity sheets, support resources and videos to engage children in the learning journey.
1. Visit all the pages in this portal (see linked images below) to familiarise yourself with where information and resources are located: program overview and modules, activities and resources, videos and FAQs.
2. Go to the Introduction page and check out the recorded webinar that guides educators through using the program and web resources.
3. Go to the Overview & Modules page and click on the Program Overview icon. Read through the Program Overview web page and the downloadable Program Overview document to get a great introduction to the whole education resource.
4. Now, jump right in, choose a learning module and have fun! You can start with Module 1 and work your way through in order, OR choose any module to start - it's totally up to you!
Should you have any questions on this innovative program, please contact Council's Environmental Programs Officer on ph: 6333 6544 during office hours or email to Att: Environmental Programs Officer.