The Bathurst Regional Youth Council provides a key link between young people in the Bathurst Region, the Bathurst Regional Council and other youth service providers in the region.
Being a part of the Youth Council involves attending regular meetings, voicing your ideas, developing and working on projects, promoting the work of the Youth Council and assisting with the running of Youth Council events.
The function of the Youth Council is to:
- Seek the views of young people and raise relevant issues to the Youth Council.
- Co-ordinate, plan and implement community activities and events, including Youth Week.
- Work together with other young people on projects that you think are important.
- Make sure that youth issues and concerns are heard by Council.
- Make new friends and have fun.
- Learn about how Local Government works.
- Feel a sense of pride and achievement in completing projects.
- Develop a range of lifelong skills.
The Youth Council has organised several events in recent years, including music events, Food & Flix outdoor cinema and How to Adult workshops at TAFE. The Youth Council also planned a colour run event, Chase the Rainbow, which has currently been postponed due to COVID-19.
The Youth Council is involved with various community events including Grandparents Day, Harmony Day, International Women’s Day and celebrations at the Kelso Community Hub.
The Youth Council is made up of representatives from all local schools including Denison College Bathurst High and Kelso campuses, Scots All Saints College, St Stanislaus' College, MacKillop College and Skillset Senior College.
The Bathurst Youth Facebook page has up to date information about the Bathurst Regional Youth Council and their current activities.
Recruitment for the Bathurst Regional Youth Council 2020/2021 was scheduled for June 2020. As a result of COVID-19, the recruitment process has been postponed.
Recruitment for the 2020/2021 Youth Council will be reviewed in September 2020 to ensure it can proceed at this time in line with NSW Government guidelines.
Further updates regarding recruitment will be provided here and on the Bathurst Youth Facebook page.
For further information regarding Bathurst Regional Youth Counil , phone Council's Cultural and Community Services Department on (02) 6333 6523 or email: