The Bathurst Regional Youth Council provides a key link between young people in the Bathurst Region, the Bathurst Regional Council and other Youth Service Providers in the Region.
The function of the Youth Council is:
• To develop and promote activities that encourages social interaction and inclusion of young people in the Bathurst Region.
• To voice the opinions and concerns of young people in Bathurst to the Bathurst Regional Council, State and Commonwealth Governments and the wider community.
• To develop a sense of citizenship in the young people of Bathurst by developing an appreciation of local, state and commonwealth government processes and through involvement in community projects.
• To raise awareness of health, well-being and safety issues that affect the young people of Bathurst.
• To work with other youth agencies to improve co-ordination and consultation between youth services
The Youth Council is responsible for the co-ordination of events such as National Youth Week, Dance Parties and various other Youth Events. The Youth Council has also, in the past, partnered with local organisations to deliver projects such as “You’ve Got This” a mental health campaign, partnered with headspace Bathurst.
The Youth Council represents a number of local schools and community organisations including Denison College Bathurst High and Kelso campuses, All Saints College, St Stanislaus' College, MacKillop College, The Scots School, Charles Sturt University, TAFE, and headspace.
The Bathurst Youth Facebook page has up to date information about the Bathurst Regional Youth Council and their current activities.
Recruitment for Bathurst Regional Youth Council occurs at the beginning of each calendar year - check out the Apply for Youth Council page for more information!
For further information, phone Council's Cultural and Community Services Department on (02) 6333 6523.