Corner of Durham and Hope Streets, Bathurst
The Bathurst Adventure Playground was opened to the community on 21 December 2009, providing Bathurst residents and its visitors with a state of the art outdoor play space and recreational facility for the whole family.
Created with a dinosaur theme, the Adventure Playground contains a wide range of play equipment and landscape structures that are intended to stimulate the imagination of children whilst they play.
Some of the play items and interactive features that have been installed within the Bathurst Adventure Playground include:
- dual flying fox
- large metal slide & toddlers double slide
- large sand pit with water spout
- stockyard maze
- imaginative play cubby house
- rockers and whirlygigs
- climbing structure and rock wall
- working sun dial
- sound activated dinosaur noises
- musical deck notes
- dinosaur sculptures & footprints