Bed and Breakfast Requirements

Bed and Breakfast accommodation (B&Bs) and other similar establishments such as farm stays must comply with Council’s “Operation of Tourist and Visitor Accommodation Establishments” policy (A copy of the policy can be requested from Council's Environmental, Planning and Building Services Department on request). Such establishments are defined as “tourist and visitor accommodation”, which means a building or place that provides temporary or short-term accommodation on a commercial basis, and includes any of the following:

(a) backpackers’ accommodation,
(b) bed and breakfast accommodation,
(c) eco-tourist facilities
(d) farm stay accommodation,
(e) serviced apartments,

Tourist and visitor accommodation which prepare and serve food as a part of the service must meet the standards required of the Food Act 2003 and associated regulation, including the requirement for a designated Food Safety Supervisor (FSS). Further details on the FSS can be found here ((link

Premises which are not connected to the reticulated water supply must comply with the “Private Water Supply Guidelines” prepared by NSW Health

Premises which are not connected to the reticulated sewer system must possess a current approval to operate a sewage management system issued under s68 of the Local Government Act 1993.

Premises which operate as tourist and visitor accommodation are subject to regular inspection by Council Officers where compliance with the Food Act 2003, Local Government Act 1993 and Public Health Act 2010 will be assessed. Fees are payable in accordance with Council’s Revenue Policy and are reviewed annually.

Premises must meet other standards relating to fire safety, car parking and other matters under the Building Code of Australia. Staff in the Environmental, Planning and Building Services Department can provide advice on the implementation of the policy and other regulations.

Further information can be obtained from Council on (02) 6333 6111.



Sun Sep 24 @10:00 - 12:00PM
Community Tree Planting Day
Wed Oct 04 @11:30 - 02:00PM
B-Rock Wednesday SuperFest
Thu Oct 05
Repco Bathurst 1000
Thu Oct 05 @18:00 - 09:00PM
Legends Dinner
Fri Oct 06
Repco Bathurst 1000
Fri Oct 06 @16:00 - 09:00PM
Music in the Parade