Council has established the 2015 Bicentenary Committee to develop a program of events, activities and projects to celebrate the City's 200th year.
Council has undertaken a number of interpretive projects including:
- Cobb & Co. heritage trails
- Various brochures, e.g. Chinese heritage
- Bathurst & Kelso heritage trails
- 100 Lives of the Bathurst Cemetery & Bathurst
- Rural cemetery booklets.
- The Pillars of Bathurst
Exciting new projects currently being undertaken include:
- Government settlement interpretation project – heritage trail of sites and stories of Bathurst's early Government settlement between 1815 and 1840.
- Council also provides funding through its Conservation and Interpretation fund to assist community groups and individuals on interpretation projects. Recent projects include:
- Town square interpretive signage & thematic history.
- Long Swamp and Mt Carmel rural cemetery interpretive signs.
- Rockley Mill banners
- Interpretation signs at Sunny Corner and the Howitzer Gun.