Bathurst Heritage Advisory Service
This service enables members of the community to seek advice about buildings from a Council’s Heritage Advisor and Senior Heritage Planner on the following matters:
- Additions and alterations,
- Building restoration and maintenance,
- Development opportunities and constraints, and how best to minimise the impact on the heritage significance of buildings by proposed works,
- Appropriate ways to adapt a heritage building to modern living requirements,
- Development application requirements,
- Information on funding opportunities, and
- Any other issues affecting the conservation of heritage buildings, streetscapes and landscapes in the local area.
All property owners (or prospective owners) of older buildings in the Bathurst Region, not just heritage items, are invited to make use of the advisory service. Council's Heritage Advisor is available on a regular basis. Appointments can be made by contacting Council's Senior Heritage Planner on 6333 6272.
Since the commencement of the service in 1996, over 2,000 site visits have been conducted with Council’s Heritage Advisor providing free heritage, conservation and maintenance advice to owners of older properties in the Bathurst region and providing input into the development application process.
This program has successfully been running since 1996 and is jointly funded by Bathurst Regional Council and the NSW Heritage Division, Office of Environment and Heritage.