Council has offered a free Heritage Advisory service to the Bathurst community since 1996. This program is jointly funded by Bathurst Regional Council and the NSW Heritage Division, Office of Environment and Heritage. This service enables owners to seek advice about their buildings from a qualified heritage architect on the following matters:
- additions and alterations,
- building restoration and maintenance,
- development opportunities and constraints,
- appropriate ways to adapt a heritage building to modern living requirements,
- development application requirements,
- information on funding opportunities, and
- any other issues affecting the conservation of heritage buildings, streetscapes and landscapes in the local area.
All owners of older buildings in the Bathurst Region, not just heritage items, are invited to make use of the advisory service.
Council's Heritage Advisor is available on a regular basis. Appointments can be made by contacting Council's Senior Heritage Planner on 6333 6211 or emailing email@example.com.