Women for Local Government workshops
Cr Monica Morse hosted two information sessions for potential candidates on17 November 2020 and 1 December 2020. The workshops provided an overview of what is involved in being a councillor. The workshops were held in the Council Chambers.
Women for Election Australia (WEFA) workshop
The six-hour workshop was hosted by WEFA, and held in the Council Chambers, on Friday 30 April. The workshop was aimed at equipping more women to run for local government and covered information such as the role of a councillor and planning an election campaign. For more information about WFEA visit www.wfea.org.au
Candidate Information Sessions hosted by Electoral Commission NSW
A series of online candidate information sessions are being conducted by the NSW Electoral Commission. The webinars are being held from April to August 2021 and cover the following topics:
• Election overview
• Election funding and disclosure
• Registration of candidates, groups, and third-party campaigners
• Electoral material (also known as how-to-vote material)
• Nomination process
• Early voting and election day voting
• Candidate workers and scrutineers
• Counting and results
• 11:00am, Tuesday 27 April – Candidate information (now available to view)
• 6:00pm, Thursday 29 April – Candidate information (repeated)
• 6:00pm, Tuesday 11 May - Election funding and disclosure
• 11am, Thursday 10 June – General Information
• 6pm, Tuesday 15 June – General Information (repeated)
Please use the following link to register your attendance.
Each webinar will be recorded and placed on the NSWEC website for viewing at a later date if you are unable to attend at the scheduled time. The NSWEC will not be conducting face to face candidate information sessions.