The 2016/17 Local Heritage Fund is now open to new applications. Applications will close on 27 May 2016.
Download the application form and guidelines here.
Bathurst Region Local Heritage Fund
Each year, Bathurst Regional Council, with the support of the NSW Heritage Division, offers small grants to property owners for maintenance works on older buildings in the local government area.
Eligible projects are usually offered grants of between $300 to $2,000 (not exceeding 50% of the value of the project). If you wish to be placed on Council's mailing list to receive an application form for the next round of heritage grants please contact Council's Environmental Planning & Building Services Department on 02 6333 6211 or and leave your name, postal details or email address.
This local heritage fund has proven to be a popular and very successful grant program offered by Council. Since the grant program commenced in 1996, Council has jointly funded over 500 projects with a value of works completed of nearly $5 Million.
The types of projects that are eligible for funding include external works such as:
- Repainting older buildings, including houses.
- Repairing walls, verandahs, windows or roof plumbing on older buildings.
- Repairing historic fences (note other fencing projects will not be funded).
- Repairing rising/falling damp by proven restoration methods.
- Repairing and conserving older buildings, historic remnants or grave sites.
- Repairing structural components eg underpinning/repointing brickwork.
NOTE: Before you lodge an application for repairs relating to rising/falling damp you must arrange an onsite meeting with Council's Heritage Advisor to discuss the method proposed. Council will not fund chemical treatment methods.
The 2016/17 Bathurst Region Interpretation Fund is now open. Closing date for applications is 30 June 2016.
Download the application form here.
Bathurst Region Conservation and Interpretation Fund
Each year, Bathurst Regional Council offers a small grant to assist local property owners, local heritage trusts/organisations or community groups to undertake projects to interpret and promote the region's history and to support the ongoing management of heritage properties.
Eligible projects are usually offered grants of between $500 to $5,000 (not exceeding 50% of the value of the project). If you wish to be placed on Council's mailing list to receive an application form for the next round of grants please contact Council's Environmental Planning & Building Services Department and leave your name, postal details or email address.
This program is fully funded by Bathurst Regional Council.
The types of projects that are eligible for funding include:
- Preparation of a Conservation Management Plan or Conservation Management Strategy
- Prepare or publish local history publications and books
- Prepare or publish a local history project
- Preparation of a Heritage Interpretation Strategy and Implementation Plan
- Implementation of Heritage Interpretation Signage, Brochures and Projects in accordance with a Heritage Interpretation Strategy/Plan
- Prepare and present an exhibition promoting the heritage and history of the Bathurst Region.