Chifley Dam is at 92.6% as of 10 December 2013, with over 27,000ML in storage.
Inflow is currently around 0.4ML per day.
Consumption of filtered water in Bathurst is averaging 25.4ML per day (which is 10.1 Olympic sized swimming pools).
Treated water returned to the Macquarie River is averaging 9.0ML per day.
The Bathurst Regional Council area at present has no water restrictions; however water wise behaviours (such as the following examples) are expected:
- Water lawns and gardens out of the heat of the day (before 10am and after 4pm).
- Check that sprinklers are positioned so that water only falls on soft surfaces.
- Use trigger nozzles on your hoses.
- Clean paths and driveways with a broom or blower first.
- Only use a hose for health or safety reasons.
Further details on how you can help are available at Waterwise Bathurst.
Visit the Savewater website to find out more.
Please refer to the Chifley Dam Storage Graph (Updated Monthly).
Compared to the same time last year we now have 5% less in storage at Chifley Dam.
Winburndale Dam is at 89.1% capacity.